Topics: Track Zones, Textures, Bugfixes
- Track zones
.tazimport and export, added zones commands in UI panel.
- New textures management commands in UI panel.
- Export important car parameters to clipboard.
- Aerial representation using axes.
- Track zones
- Changed convention for texture images names in blender, support for 64 (possible up to 702) track textures with backward compatibility.
- Fix NCP face triangulation. Ensure invalid NCP flags are stripped on export.
- Better color layer compatibility for Blender 2.79 (sub 2) and above.
Topics: Mirror Planes, Hull, Bugfixes, Tools
- Mirror Planes:
- Import and Export
- Hulls tool panel with convex hull generation
- Vertex color layer list in the tools panel
- Batch Bake section in the Light and Shadow tool panel
- RVGL Launcher in the Helpers panel. The RVGL path (folder) has to be set in the add-on settings.
- Setting: Check Parameters for texture
- Mirror Planes:
- Crash when importing levels with texture animation (reported by Gotolei)
- Batch bake should not crash anymore
- Import and export of .fin properties (mainly colors)
- Set default model rgb to (0.5, 0.5, 0.5)
- Too many dummy textures when importing prm
- Catch error when parameters.txt files don't end with a '}' (reported by Shara)
- NCPs consisting of multiple objects are now exported with correct materials
- New documentation, yet again
- Code restructuring
- UI restructuring
- Support loading files with uppercase letters
- Throw an error message when exceeding polygon/vertex limits for meshes
- Activate NCP no-collision flag (reported by Kiwi)
- Inverted alpha vertex color layer: Black is translucent, white is opaque. I've done this to resemble the behavior of pure black on textures.
Topics: Instance (.fin), UI, Bugfixes
- Instances (.fin): Export (full support)
- Select by name button in the Instances panel that allows users to select all objects with a similar name
- Mark as Instance button in the Instances panel that sets the instance properties on all selected objects
- Batch baking feature for instance RGB in the Instances panel
- Initial hull support: Import (unfinished)
- Textures are now loaded when importing a mesh from the custom folder (reported by Gotolei)
- Ensure that NCP layers exist when exporting: All Material layers and Type layers are now kept. This fixes missing materials when exporting NCP. (reported by LoScassatore, Gorgonzola)
- Export of textures with suffixes like .bmp.001 (reported by Boy80)
- Moved the instances helper section to a dedicated Instances panel.
- Objects marked as instance (Is Instance) will no longer be exported when exporting to .w, use .fin instead
- Fixed all Re-Volt panels to the top (object and scene properties) so they're easier to find. This makes the add-on a lot more intrusive but most people using this add-on use Blender exclusively for Re-Volt.
- Message boxes for confirming actions in the helpers panel
- Texture number face property only shows when Use Number for Textures option is enabled
- Prefer Solid Textured Mode is now disabled by default
- NCP: Only export selected option added (check the documentation for details)
- Rewrote the parameters.txt parser, should now load all cars
- The light panel now only shows up if at least one object is selected
- New system for handling import and export errors
- Instance (.fin) import
- Batch-rename feature (Helpers panel)
- No collision flag for NCP (face properties)
- Prepared the add-on for 2.79a. All features should now work as expected.
- Various Import/Export fixes
- Improved UI
- Documentation is now generated with Ivy
- Fixed the following crash: Import mesh, clear .blend, import mesh again (reported by Zorbah)
- Shadowtable not added to the UI (reported by Mladen)
- Required vertex color layers weren't created on export (Issue #16, reported by progwolff)
- NCP: Setting for collision grid size (requested by Zorbah). Higher values = faster export (might slow down the game in return)
- Fixes (reported by Gotolei)
- Animation slot count can now be set to 10
- Frame count for animations reset itself
- Animation export didn't work in some cases
- Texture Animation: Transform animation feature (animates from frame A to frame B), Grid animation feature (for creating animations like the mars animation found in Museum 2). Added a resources link to the documentation which will include texture animation sheets ready to be used with the add-on.
- Re-Export Button: Press the button next to the Export button to export to the same file again.
- The vertex color picker now picks from selected faces or vertices. (Contribution by Boy80)
- Fixed persisting QUAD flag by removing it from the export mask. (Reported by Boy80)
- Importing cars with the same texture name resulted in them having the same texture. (Reported by Gotolei)
- Added icons to panels
- Moved add-on settings to a separate panel
- The settings, texture animation and the helpers panel are now collapsed by default
- Fixed the import/export panel to the top
- Notifications now have an icon
- Huge code refactoring and some fixes
- Restructured the documentation
- NCP (collision): Import and export is now supported. The face properties panel has a section for NCP now (face flags and materials).
- Settings: Prefer Textured Solid mode setting, enabled by default. This makes the add-on use textured solid mode (easier for editing NCP/untextured meshes).
- Import/Export: Import and export operators now show the matching settings in the bottom left.
- Vertex Colors: Button for getting the color from the active face (requested by Boy80)
- The y coordinates of bounding boxes were swapped.
- Faces can now be exported with no texture (reported by Boy80).
- Added Re-Volt file structure specifications to the documentation
- Light Baking Tool: Reverse horizontal X direction (light was shining from the wrong direction)
- Export .w, export .prm: Apply scale and rotation correctly. Parented objects should now be exported correctly.
- Rename bound spheres to cubes
- Import cubes instead of spheres
- Export .w
- Export complete .w files with meshes, boundary boxes/spheres, env colors and texture animation
- Texture animation panel
- Added buttons for copying UV from and to selected faces.
- Settings panel completed
- Parent .w meshes to Empty now disabled by default to avoid confusion
- New layout
- Decreased shadow table accuracy to 4 decimal places
- Tool panels
- Fixed a bug where the tool panels became unusable after CTRL Z.
- Import .w
- Bound boxes, bound spheres and big cubes, each of which can be imported on different layers
- Env colors with GUI implementation
- Import .prm completed
- Apply scale and rotation on export by default (no need for manual apply, can be disabled in the options)